We are moving to a new site! Please visit us at our new home anytime for the latest in Motorola Home news.
If you’re a regular reader or a Comcast Xfinity customer in Denver or Nashville, you’ve probably heard about Comcast’s new AnyPlay service, which launched in January and uses Motorola’s Televation box to stream live cable TV to your tablet.
Leslie Ellis at Multi-Channel News recently got her hands on it and took down her first impressions. Here are some excerpts:
-“That’s where AnyPlay is different, and I’ll say it, better..”
– “…it’s an extension of the TV programming you already pay for…”
– “It’s a standalone box. No video outputs. Coax in, Ethernet out to the modem/wireless router, and voila: Television on the iPad. (Droids and other devices to come.)”
– “How does AnyPlay compare to the other lab streamers? Put it this way. The lab stuff is in a back room. All those screens, all those services, no TV at the desk! Until now. (I expect my quality of work to degrade precipitously.)”
Read the full story here: http://www.multichannel.com/blog/Translation_Please/33073-Inside_a_Comcast_AnyPlay_Installation.php
And find out more about Comcast AnyPlay at www.xfinity.com/anyplay.
Motorola Mobility today reported net revenues of $3.4 billion in the fourth quarter of 2011, comparable to the fourth quarter of 2010. The Home business net revenues in the fourth quarter were $897 million, down 11 percent compared with the year-ago quarter. Here are some Home highights:
- Launched DreamGallery next-generation HTML-5 video navigation software inNorth Americawith Shaw Communications
- Expanded video leadership and paved the way forCanada’s move to all-MPEG-4 broadcast and On-Demand HD services with Eastlink
- Demonstrated market leadership with introduction of new carrier Ethernet product line for the deployment of cost-effective commercial services
- Introduced Motorola APEX3000, which delivers market-leading density to cost-effectively add greater demand for narrowcast services such as VOD and DVR
- Selected byAltiboxASinNorwayto provide VAP 2400 HD wireless video bridge to enable multi-room TV services
For more information, read the full press release here.