How the world is a’changing. Several Motorola Connected Home customers have reached impressive milestones in the last few months, and together they represent some important trends in the broadband industry: the growth of VoIP services, the deployment of channel bonding technology and the spread of IPTV, among others. Take a look.
- Comcast surpassed two million digital voice customers last week, with nearly a quarter of those subscribers activating service in the fourth quarter of 2006 alone.
- Starhub in Singapore late last year became the first company in the world to deploy DOCSIS 3.0 technology (using Motorola CMTSs) in its 100 Mbps residential broadband service.
- Verizon passed the six-million mark for homes and businesses passed by the company’s all-fiber network.
- AT&T added 27 HD channels to its IPTV service.
- Time Warner Cable introduced on-demand advertising with interactive TV components in the NYC market.