Last week I mentioned some of the features AT&T has publicly committed to roll out with U-Verse. Compare those features to the new Verizon FiOS interface (see above) and a few interactive services Time Warner Cable is promising, and it’s clear we’re moving into the world of widget TV.
Here are the new features Time Warner has said it offers today or is in the process of trialing (from page 12 of the recent Annual Report):
- Quick Clips – view news, weather and sports clips
- Instant News and More – instant access to data (like an RSS feed?) on weather, sports, stocks, traffic and more
- Interactive Voting and Polling – live, on-screen voting
- eBay on TV – bid and track the progress of auctions using your remote control
- Football and Baseball Trackers – get stats and alerts on your favorite players
- Bill Paying and Subscription Upgrades – manage your cable account with your remote control