Motorola has just launched the Mobile TV DH01, a portable TV player supporting the DVBH broadcasting standard.
Since I haven’t gotten hands-on time with the device, I’m going to keep this post limited to product specs. However, I did get a few questions answered that aren’t listed outright in the press release, so read carefully. I’ll write more when I’ve had a chance to play with the Mobile TV DH01 in Las Vegas.
- Plays live TV, on-demand clips and uploaded programs
- Includes a 4.3-inch Wide Quarter Video Graphics Array Screen supporting 16 million colors
- Automatic channel scan and channel listing
- Video at 25 frames per second
- Plays video, music and pictures from supported Secure Digital/MultiMediaCard cards
- Records TV on supported Secure Digital/MultiMediaCard cards (90 minutes on a 256MB card)
- Rechargeable battery with four hours of playback time
- Ports include: Mini A/B USB connector, USIM/UICC card reader, SD/MMC card slot, earphone and power jacks
- Video formats supported: H.264 AVC QVGA, MPEG-4 SP level 3 QVGA
- Audio formats supported: AAC, MP3
- Image formats supported: JPEG, GIF, PNG
Keep in mind that the DVBH standard is getting traction in Europe and Asia right now. Not so much in the US. Motorola has run limited trials with the Mobile TV DH01 and has commercial proposals out with European operators.