Motorola announced its third DOCSIS 3.0 customer in Korea this week. Cable operator Qrix Communications is deploying both the Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem termination system (CMTS) platform and Motorola DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems, joining the likes of Korean operators C&M and CJ CableNet.
- Qrix will use the Motorola BSR 64000 CMTS with TX32 decoupled downstream module and the Motorola SB6120 cable modems
- The DOCSIS 3.0 equipment for Qrix provides up to 160 Mbps of throughput
- The Motorola gear is backwards compatible, supporting legacy DOCSIS 1.x and 2.0 modems
- Motorola CMTS data sheets available here
- Motorola cable modem data sheets available here