Posted on January 26, 2012 by Motorola Mobility Home
Motorola Mobility today reported net revenues of $3.4 billion in the fourth quarter of 2011, comparable to the fourth quarter of 2010. The Home business net revenues in the fourth quarter were $897 million, down 11 percent compared with the year-ago quarter. Here are some Home highights:
- Launched DreamGallery next-generation HTML-5 video navigation software inNorth Americawith Shaw Communications
- Expanded video leadership and paved the way forCanada’s move to all-MPEG-4 broadcast and On-Demand HD services with Eastlink
- Demonstrated market leadership with introduction of new carrier Ethernet product line for the deployment of cost-effective commercial services
- Introduced Motorola APEX3000, which delivers market-leading density to cost-effectively add greater demand for narrowcast services such as VOD and DVR
- Selected byAltiboxASinNorwayto provide VAP 2400 HD wireless video bridge to enable multi-room TV services
For more information, read the full press release here.
Filed under: Earnings | 2 Comments »
Posted on October 27, 2011 by Motorola Mobility Home
Motorola Mobility, Inc. issued its third-quarter 2011 earnings results today. Net revenues are $3.3 billion in the third quarter of 2011, up 11 percent from the third quarter of 2010. Mobile Devices net revenues in the third quarter were $2.4 billion, up 20 percent compared with the year-ago quarter. Home segment net revenues in the third quarter were $825 million, down 10 percent compared with the year-ago quarter. Here are some Home highlights:
- 4Home software platform chosen to power Verizon’s new Home Monitoring and Control service in North America for the smart, digital home.
- Introduced family of advanced video processing technologies to drive bandwidth efficiency and video quality in the European market, including the SE-6000 video encoder and the ST-6000 transcoder.
- Expanded Internet Protocol (IP) growth and leadership inRussia, extending IPTV set-top rollout with leading telecom provider, Vimpelcom Ltd.
- Selected by Henan Cable to deliver Video On Demand and Network Digital Video Recording services to its 3.6 million subscribers inChina, using M3 Media Server family.
See here for today’s press release.
Filed under: Earnings | 1 Comment »
Posted on April 28, 2011 by Motorola Mobility Home
Motorola Mobility today reported net revenues of $3.0 billion in the first quarter of 2011, up 22 percent from the first quarter of 2010. Mobile Devices net revenues in the first quarter were $2.1 billion, up 30 percent compared with the year-ago quarter. In Home news,compared to a year ago, revenues were up 8 percent and operating margin was higher.
Here are some Home highlights:
• Leveraged Motorola’s 4Home managed services solution with the announcement of Verizon’s connected home services which offers home control and monitoring to FiOS subscribers.
• Acquired Dreampark, allowing the continued expansion of the Company’s cloud-based Medios software suite and strengthening the Company’s ability to provide systems integrators, service providers, enterprises and content providers with innovative solutions for deploying converged media experiences.
• Launched a new wireless video bridge solution, the VAP2400, enabling content distribution for the broadband home.
• Achieved a world record for upstream speed using Motorola’s RX48 high-sensitivity DOCSIS CMTS receiver technology, a solution that enables operators to generate incremental revenue from their existing network.
• Selected by HBO Latin America to upgrade its satellite network using MPEG-4 equipment for high-definition video service delivery.
More information on earnings can be found here
Filed under: Earnings, Mobile device | Leave a comment »